Hello, and welcome to the Holiday II Essentials by Ellen Release Hop! Today I’ll be showing you some cards using several of the new stamps and dies from this release!!! You should have hopped over to me from the fabulously talented Teri Anderson’s blog!
AND! I get to give away one of the new stamp sets!!!!!! More on that at the end of the post! Let’s get on to today’s projects!!!
Shake Shake baby! That’s right! I made a shaker (WITH A VIDEO) using the ‘Tis the Season stamp set and NEW COORDINATING DIES! HELLO! I have longed for a coordinating die set the moment this set came out! Love the cool hip Santa, the cute little gingerbread man that has been half eaten, the sweater, the lights… Oh the whole thing……. LOL!
The sentiment is hilarious! Isn’t it? Seriously! I filled my shaker with random sequins I had in my stash to create a seasonal mix.. The beard on Santa? Liquid Applique. And I added a little bit of white gel pen to the sunglasses! I colored in the Santa with two Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers… I used the Avery Elle Burst die onto some shimmering cardstock to create the frame of my shaker. I’ve created a video to go along with this shaker! You can watch it right here or over on my youtube channel in HD!
Goodies used in the Santa Shaker card:
Next up? A sparkly card using the new Advent Stamps and coordinating dies! This set is fantastic because it can be used for multiple occassions… Think not only Christmas and New Years, but Birthday and Congratulations too…….
- I started by stamping the lights from the ‘Tis the Season stamp set with some Versamark ink onto the card base. I didn’t heat set. I just wanted it to have that watermark/tone on tone look.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Advent stamp set onto a white card panel with Versafine Onyx Black ink, sprinkled on some clear embossing powder and heat set.
- I used the Molotow masking pen and colored right over the “Christmas” part of the sentiment because I wanted it to remain the white color of the card base.
- Now to add some color!!! I applied different colored distress inks direct to paper (exact colors below in the supply list) to create a colorful gradient background and then I took my Versamark inkpad and smooshed it all over the inked panel.. Why? To add sparkle of course! I dumped on a ton of the Clear Hologram Embossing Powder right over the top and heat set it with my heat tool. The sparkle it leaves behind is amazing and soooo hard to capture on camera (I probably took no less than 100 photos, lol)…
- Time to die cut!! I grabbed the Advent coordinating die set and stamped out the 25 onto some teal cardstock to match my card base and ran it thru my die cutting machine. Popped it up with some foam dimension and assembled the layers onto the card base and done! Sparkly!
Goodies used in the 25 days until Christmas card:
GIVEAWAY TIME! The winner may chose ANY Essentials by Ellen brand stamp set (maximum value $15) currently in stock at Ellen Hutson! To enter my giveaway, please leave a comment on today’s post by October 27th! Be sure to include a valid email or have the no reply feature turned off!!!!!
OH OH OH! There is also an awesome Grand Giveaway in the CLASSroom! To enter, be sure to leave a comment there, also by October 27th! Winners will be announced at the CLASSroom on Friday, October 30th!
Here is the full look at all the new products in this release:
- Holly Jolly Stamp
- Santa’s Flight Stamp
- Gourd-jus Stamp
- Tis the Season dies
- Advent dies
- Autumn Acorns dies
- Christmas Scribbles dies
- Poinsettia & Pine dies