Oh how I wished I made a video for this card, but to be honest, I wasn’t sure how is was going to turn out! But the end result? I am in love with it… I used just ONE COLOR, the Color Burst in the color Sepia, with a die and wooden piece that Maya Road sent me along with some masking to create this card.. I wanted to do something a little out of the box with the product. So here is what I came up with:
I love love LOVE the result of the stamped impression… After I stamped all the circle backgrounds, I was left with a beautifully colored wooden embellishment so I just HAD to include that on the card as well! I’m getting ahead of myself a little bit! Let me start from the beginning.
- The first thing I did was to die cut the Maya Road Make IT Beautiful die onto a piece of cardstock. I used the negative space of the card panel and a masking pen (Molotow masking pen) to create the sentiment mask onto the card panel.
- Then I added some Color Burst in the color Sepia to the Maya Road wooden embellishment (video on this coming soon) and stamped the background. I ADORE SEPIA! Look at all the colors that resulted from the ONE Color Burst color! And the design from the wooden embellishment transferred so beautifully. Swoon!!! Yes. Now that I know how to do this technique, I will most certainly film a video showcasing it for my youtube channel soon!
- I inked up the remaining white space of the card with a complementing ink color (Tea Dye distress ink).
- Then I removed the mask. You can do this by pushing it away with your finger or using an adhesive remover eraser.
- To have a perfectly matched piece of hemp, I colored the natural colored hemp with the same Sepia Color Burst color and wrapped it around the card. I just spritzed out some Sepia powder onto my Best Ever Craft mat, added some water and then just ran my twine thru the puddle!
- The last step was to secure wooden embellishment. I wanted it to pop off the card so I secured it with some strong double sided foam tape.
I did say giveaway!!!!! How would you like to win some Stick it (the best adhesive out there for die cutting hands down), a a Tool it All (9 tools in 1, genius) and some goodies from Maya Road? Just leave a comment on my blog and I’ll draw a winner… Easy enough, right? The contest runs thru Sunday, October 25th at midnight and winners will be announced here and on Ken’s blog on the 26th!
Thanks so much for hanging out with me today!
A few places where I recommend purchasing Color Bursts: