It’s Friday! YAY! YAY! YAY! Bring on the weekend!!!! Here in the states, tomorrow is Halloween and I am so grateful it has fallen on a weekend and not a school night! My son will be Spiderman and my daugther will be Sofia the First (thank you Costco for the inexpensive costumes that made them happy)….. Ironic that I am talking about Halloween, as today I have a watercolored Christmas card to share using some products from the latest Ellen Hutson Essentials by Ellen Holiday release!
- I watercolored the background using my Gansai watercolors. I LOVE this watercolor set! It’s fantastic and the paints are thick and creamy!!! I added some pinks and red and once that was dry, I added a heavy coating of the Pearlescent white to really give it that shine! The Pearlescent white and metallic golds come in the 36 count. There is also a 12 count and 24 count. (I used Ranger watercolor paper but any watercolor paper you have would work).
- I stamped and die cut the sweaters from the Tis the Season stamp set and coordinating die set and colored those in with a gold color from this Finetec Metallic watercolor set. Oh, I did heat set the images here because I was watercoloring and I wanted the outlines of the images to pop. So I stamped them with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat set them with clear embossing powder.
- I stamped the Santa image from the Santa’s Flight stamp set with some Onyx black pigment ink along with the sentiment for the Tis the Season stamp set. This ink stays wet longer so be sure not to accidentally swipe your hand over the image. I love this ink because you get crisp, black results everytime!
- My go around for sequins (I love them but never not the right placement for them), I grabbed my black texture spray and flicked on some here and there. I did sprinkle on a few flat sequins from The Ton by covering up some of the black flicks (I knew they looked good where they were, lol).
- I grabbed some gold thread and wrapped it around my fingers a few times and adhered it to the backside of my sweaters with some double side foam tape.
- I adhered the panel down to a black card base that measures 4.25×5.5
That’s all for me today! I need to get up in my craft room, do some purging and reorganizing! I also need to set aside all the Christmas cards I have made so far so I know how many more I need to make, lol! 🙂 Have an amazing weekend!!!!!