So you may have heard about this craft mat. I have so excited ever since I saw Ken sneak this at CHA and its finally available for purchase! Mine arrived today and I immediately tested it out…. My verdict is: Awesome!!! Here are few things to make note of:
- It’s light grey. So it makes for a pretty background for filming and also for mixing colors on that mat itself. Since it is light, you can see the real colors…
- It is non skid, non porous and non stick! The three nons! Fantastic.
- Heat resistant up to 480 degrees. So grab those heat tools or even better, pop it in the oven and make me some cookies!
I also have the Ranger Craft Mat! That is a a great mat! I have both and will keep both! They both have very similar qualities (non stick, heat resistant, multi purpose, etc). Here are the main differences I have found:
- The size. The Ranger mat is a tad bigger. The Best Craft Mat Ever measures at 16.5×15. The Ranger Mat is 15×18.
- The color. The Best Craft Mat Ever is light grey. The Ranger mat is brown.
- The surface. The Best Craft Mat Ever is non skid. The Ranger mat is slick.
- BOTH mats allow for ink blending (distress inks, dye/pigment inks, etc)
Here is a quick product review video I made so you can see it up close and personal. As I said in the video, I don’t think one is better than the other. I think they are both great and both have some differences that may appeal towards what you are looking for. So I have both and will keep both and I know that doesn’t help some of you wanting to decide between the two. LOL!
If you are interested in purchasing either mat, I recommend the following stores:
- You can purchase the Best Craft Mat Ever HERE at Blitsy.
- You can purchase the Ranger Craft Mat in a few different places. Ellen Hutson, Simon Says Stamp, or Amazon.