Today is Catherine Pooler Paradise Found Release day and Day 1 of a 3 day blog hop. In this release are new stamps, dies and a brand spanking new ink collection…. I’m participating in Day 2 of the hop but couldn’t wait so I’ve got loads to share with you today!
Let’s start with some photos highlighting each of the new inks from the Catherine Pooler ink Spa collection as well as a card using some of the new release stamps! To shop the new release, click HERE!
What’s in the new release?
- 8 new ink colors (Spa collection)
- Plaid Background Stamp
- Winter Woodland Stamp Set and coordinating Dies
- Wonderful Time of the Year Stamp Set and coordinating Dies
- Birds of a Feather Die
- Small Doily Die
- Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Collection available alacarte now!
Let’s take a look at the new ink colors. I stamped all the colors using the Plaid Background stamp.
SWOON! I love this new collection. I strongly advise getting the refills too! To see each individual photo up close and personal, head to my instagram account. I’ll share them on my feed as well as in my “story” today.
Now let’s take a look at the card I made. I have to say, I love this card! I usually don’t like what I make. It’s true. We are our own worst critic. But I am loving this.
I thought it would be easy to give you a step by step of how I made this card. I started filming it but then my battery died and I didn’t realize, grrrrrrrr……
- I started by creating the background by masking off a circle and then blending Peppermint Scrub, Juniper Mist and Eucalyptus onto the background.
- I removed the circle mask and was left with “the moon” and I blended a little bit of Mandarin Spice around the edges of the moon.
- I stamped the trees from the Winter Woodland stamp set with Icing on the Cake.
- I stamped the deer, rabbit, sentiment and background (all from Winter Woodland) with Midnight ink and sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat set. (these inks say wet a wee bit longer than traditional inks so if you work fast, you can heat emboss with them).
- The sentiment strip uses the Plaid Background stamp stamped in Sauna ink.
- I added a bow to the deer with twine
- I flicked on some water (the inks react amazingly to water)
- And finally, added a little bit of white gel pen detail to the trees and gave the little critters eyes.
Tomorrow, I’ll be back with day 2 of the new release blog hop sharing two more projects showcasing products from the newest release!!!!