I admit, there is a lot going on here, but I took so many techniques I learned from the Impressive Heat Embossing class and put them to use on one card, lol. It may be a bit much, but I kind of like it in a grungy (not my usual style) look left behind.
Since there is so much going on, I figured out I’d step out my process for you all.
- Die Cut the Watercolor Stripes Cover Die twice. (Aqua paper, white paper)
- Swipe on Versmark Ink AND flick on water on both panels (embossing powder will stick to both)
- Sprinkle on black and gold embossing powder and heat set
- Piece back together the watercolor stripes by inlaying them back into place (like fitting them in a puzzle). It’s easy to do because you can follow the pattern of the embossing
- Die cut a circle from the Create a Wreath die set.
- Pop up the negative space and center circle with foam dimension and adhere the frame of the circle flat to the cardbase.
- Die Cut the Thinking of You die, add some gold metallic spray over the top and adhere down
Not my usual style but good to step outside of the box every once in a while……
3 thoughts on “Impressive Heat Embossing”
I love this card Laurel. We do lots of beautiful but sometimes I need a little grunge.
Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Love your creativity! AWESOME colors and design. Well done!