I was absolutely thrilled to see Lauren’s Timeless Template Challenge today! I was just thinking this morning that I wanted to do a template, as I have done a lot of cards lately! Here we go (click each picture to enlarge):
- Printed up the Pack a Picnic timeless template and dry embossed the entire template with the Provocraft Numbers embossing folder using my Cuttlebug.
- Took sponge dauber and sponged Jardin Moss all over it. Love the sponged look of the numbers! And what an appropriate background for a back to school gift….
- Took a scalloped circle and stamped a cute apple from the Teacher’s Apple stamp set and adhered it using a pop dot.
- Grabbed up some Pure Poppy ribbon and adhered it to the handles and around the top of the basket.
- Attached the handle using these cute little button brads I found at Joanne’s. Think that is about it. Had a good time doing this project.
I will confess, I assembled the “first basket” without checking the embossing. I had embossed the numbers horizontally instead of vertically. Oops!! 🙂
Here is a picture of some of the items I put in the basket. Going to fill it up with a bunch of markers, scissors and sunglasses of course! If you know me, or have followed my blog for a while, you know my son loves sunglasses. You will find that he is wearing sunglasses in almost every picture taken. He even SWIMS IN THE POOL with his sunglasses on! It is hilarious! Check some previous posts because I have video and pictures of Lucas in the pool with his glasses on… You’ll get a good laugh. He is just so cute!!! So OF COURSE, I had to get him a new pair of sunglasses to sport to his first day of school next week!
Supplies:Papertrey Ink: Jardin Moss, Pure Poppy and Dark Chocolate inks; Teacher’s Apple and Guidelines stamp set; Pure Poppy Ribbon Other: Cuttlebug, Numbers embossing folder, Close to my Heart Long Reach 1/8 punch, sponge dauber, brads, scor tape (LOVE THIS STUFF BY THE WAY), marvy scalloped circle punch