Distress Resist Spray is an item I had my eye on from Creativation 2018, thanks to a demo video I saw from Tim Holtz. I purchased it a few weeks ago, turned on my camera and just started filming away while I was playing with the spray for the first time….
I mentioned all of this in the video, but when using the Distress Resist Spray, please make note of the following:
- Spray in a box!!!!!! The spray will stick to anything it comes in contact with and not come off. Tim Holtz mentioned this in his demo video at Creativation and said his computer has spray all over it because he learned this the hard way…. So thanks Tim for saving my computer!
- If you decide to use a stencil with the spray (as I did in the video), be sure to immediately rinse it off or have a bin of water nearby to put your stencil in. Like I mentioned, if it dries, it ain’t comin’ off!
- Dry time is quick!!! Completely dry within 1 minute, but drying starts to take effect immediately.
- When using embossing powder with the spray, work fast and you can get some amazing results (as shown in the video).
- The spray is a textured spray, dries clear and is resistant to water.
- You can get bold, large splatters or light mists depending on how you spray (also demonstrated in the video).
- Use distress line to add color (paint, spray stain, inks, etc). You can also use any other water-based mediums.
Here are a few close ups of the backgrounds I made in the video. I also discovered a happy accident and made a beautiful print of a design (you’ll have to watch the video):